Saturday 29 November 2008

'Snapshots' for the Baby Scrapbook


I may moan about the endless rounds of nursing and childcare. But truth be told I am desperately clutching onto these fleeting moments which I know will be over all too soon.

Eventually all I will be left with are fragments of memories to savour during my time alone while my son blazes on towards his own future. He will no longer turn to me for his source of comfort and nourishment, instead he'll be running out the door to pursue his own dreams and ambitions. While I undoubtedly look forward to see him grow into an independent young man, a part of me is already mourning for his dimpled innocence.

And these are just some of the moments that I want to capture and emblazon into the scrapbook of my memory...

The look of eagerness and delight on his face just before he chows down for milk.

The look of peace that descends on him as he drifts off into slumberland.

The swirl of baby soft curls on his pretty head.

His lips ripe and moist as he continues to suckle away in his sleep.

No matter how difficult the day had been with Alipuddin', I can always count on the night to hush in and eventually bring sleep to my precious baby.


I am eternally grateful to Allah for sending a taste of His Mercy into our humbled lives. Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Your Worth as a Homemaker

  Mother and children, oil on canvas, 1941, Fernando Amarsolo My work, like others who choose to take on the role of homemakers, revolves mu...