Thursday 23 October 2008

Hot Mama (Or Not!)


I
had planned on breaking a sweat with Kathy Smith's Timesaver Cardio Fat Burner DVD I bought a couple of days ago.

Yes, it's time I did some serious workout. Granted I now weigh less than I did before I became pregnant; thanks to breast-feeding and full-time mothering. But research says after the age of 30 you will naturally lose lean body mass and gain fat each year so I'm afraid the needle on the scale which has gone down a few notches actually indicates that the hard-earned muscles I gained pre-baby is slipping down the drain. I do weight train, albeit sporadically. So I definitely need to work on being consistent. Besides that I need the energy to keep up with my active toddler and that can only be achieved through cardio. In a burst of fiery enthusiasm, I drew up a goal sheet and a workout log based on the Fitness for Dummies book (which I recommend to anyone who wants to start educating themselves on fitness). Notwithstanding I've also scheduled the event down in my daily planner and laid out my workout clothes the night before.

So this morning when my baby went down for his nap I immediately unplugged the TV set from the kitchen and heaved it out into the living room. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered the DVD player would not work. I have this computer in my bedroom to play the DVD with, but the idea of me prancing around in my shoe box bedroom doesn't seem to hold light unless I use my queen-sized bed as an exercise studio. Sad to say I suddenly found my tummy ravenous and went to the fridge to scoff on my leftover bar of chocolate before baby wakes up.

Sigh, I made my husband reward me with sexy lingerie after I've completed 8 weeks of serious training. But it looks like the lingerie has to wait, Honey.

No comments:

Your Worth as a Homemaker

  Mother and children, oil on canvas, 1941, Fernando Amarsolo My work, like others who choose to take on the role of homemakers, revolves mu...