Thursday 23 October 2008

The Art of Hubby's Homecoming

Yippee! I just got a call from hubby saying he's already on his way home. I have about 7 more hours to prep up before he's home for the long weekend.

What can I do to make my his homecoming a welcoming one? Well, I've already drawn up a list that I've been referring to, and so far it's worked wonderfully except for some minor glitches on my part. Let me take it out again as a personal refresher course in the Art of Hubby's Homecoming.

Prepare the house
  • Pick up clutter, sweep the floor, and set out the towels.
  • Make sure bathroom is clean and smells great.
  • Light up the scented candles!
  • Be prepared to have his meals on time and his clothes laundered.
Prepare my appearance
  • Comb hair, put on lipstick and spritz on perfume lightly.
  • Leave the raggedy t-shirts in the wardrobe (Best to throw it out, dear).
  • Put on something cute for the house and sexy for the boudoir.
Prepare my attitude
  • No complaining over clutter (Pick it up, don't pass on the negative. It'll make us both feel better).
  • Physically love him (Need to work on this!)
  • Positively respond to his thoughts, decisions, and words (No more dragging my feet, please).
  • Be cheerful!

My trouble is that I tend to be reserve sometimes when it comes to physical affection, expecting him to do all the work then pouting and acting sullen when he doesn't respond the way I expected him to.

I need to work on on being the initiator rather than just a passive recipient. Lest I forget, when I agreed to be his wife, any uncalled for reservation and embarrassment I felt towards him should have been checked at the door a long time ago ;)

"They are your garments and you are their garments..." Surah Al-Baqarah (2:187)

No comments:

Your Worth as a Homemaker

  Mother and children, oil on canvas, 1941, Fernando Amarsolo My work, like others who choose to take on the role of homemakers, revolves mu...