Wednesday 8 October 2008

Post Eid, Its Highs & Lows (Part 2)


So I'm now back at home after having spent Eid at my in-laws'. My husband has already returned to his new office in Kedah, which is a 6 hours long journey by bus from Kuala Lumpur. My parents, still celebrating Eid at their hometown, have yet to return home leaving me with the baby and an empty house for most of the day.

After slowly getting back to my old routine, putting the house back in order, and being patient (albeit inwardly fuming) with my siblings who had left the house thrashed, I finally found myself waking up to a fresh, clean, and somewhat orderly house.

Praise be to God, I've finally shaken off the last remnants of my sullen mood. I woke up this morning dreaming of my own version of chicken cooked in lime, ginger, and garlic after being inspired by Sister Taqwa's Ginger and Lime Chicken recipe.With no one to babysit my boy for me, I had to find a way to enfold him into my culinary effort. After breakfast and a quick pick up around the house, I undressed my little Alipuddin' and placed him in the sink next to a colanderful of potatoes waiting to be scrubbed clean. He seems delighted to be involved in the preparation and I am relieved he stayed quiet enough to allow me to get a head start on creating this dish.

After many stops and starts in the form of bathing baby and nursing him to sleep and waking up again (why can't his nap last much longer?!), I am done in the kitchen. My chicken salad and roast potatoes look good served up with a side dish of mixed vegetables, and Alhamdulillah, my brother, who just got back from school wolfed it down with relish. If only my hubby didn't take our camera with him to work.

I am so pleased to be able to add another delicious home cooked meal to the family cookbook!

Insha'Allah, I will include this recipe once I have it down on paper.

No comments:

Your Worth as a Homemaker

  Mother and children, oil on canvas, 1941, Fernando Amarsolo My work, like others who choose to take on the role of homemakers, revolves mu...